Thursday 15 May 2008

Visa has arrived!

We got our Visa this morning, super quick, only applied on 18th April. Just been on and booked our flights. 17:15 on the 2nd of July. No going back now.
Keith is still working hard on the kitchen and I am sorting out what I can. Scanning documents, doing the garden, sorting through clothes and what not.
Emailed BA tonight to see if we could get extra baggage allowance for emigrating so we will see what they say.
Still feeling really surreal. Handed in my notice today - but as everyone has known for a while didn't really have much impact.....
That's my mum and dad, brother and Keith's mum and dad sorted for webcams now. We have been practising with them and they seem to work really well. I really do think they will help a lot with the separation of the family. Christmas will be odd but at least we will be able to see each other and there will be no fighting over the last chipolatas on-line.
Off to get a drink now, think I deserve it. Today I got my via, resigned, did an hour at the driving range and booked flights to Australia - a good days work I would say!

No comments:

Sydney

Views of Mumbai