Friday 23 May 2008

23rd May 2008

That's the removal company booked to ship our stuff to Oz. They are coming on the 24th of June to pack and then the 25th to actually take the stuff away. That means we have a week between them taking our stuff and us leaving. Which is a bit of a pain but I guess it also means getting it a week earlier at the other end.We have to go around and say all the items made from wood, which are woollen or are under 12 months old. As customs need to check them. As we have not been buying anything of substance for the last few months ( as we knew we were going) I don't think we have much under 12 months old,occasional bit of clothing and that is it. The clothes I got for the new Sydney office came to a grand total of about £17 (thank you Marks and Spencers sale rails) so I don't think the tax will cripple us there. All off our electrical equipment is either ancient, second hand (you know I have my mum and dad's old microwave which is at least 15 years old and still going strong) or being given away.
The company is sorting out our initial accommodation at the moment - they are putting us in serviced apartments, which is great as we will have a kitchen and stuff. Much more convenient than a hotel room - especially for an extended period. Also means that I can walk to work - which is a bonus.
The kitchen trundles on, not as fast as I would like but then nothing ever goes fast enough for me. Hopefully the right hand side will be tiled today and then the left hand side can be stripped and replaced. Doors are going on and we have worktop so moving forward.
I am attempting to loose some weight before I go and I think all it is doing is making me hungry and grumpy! I hate to be hungry and with stress already piling on I don't think this is helping. But I am fed up with being overweight and I AM going to do something about it this time.....hell, I'm hungry....

1 comment:

Becca said...

WHOA! how's it going, gail? how exciting to move to sydney! what will you be doing there?

Sydney

Views of Mumbai