Tuesday 8 July 2008

First day at work

Yesterday was my first day at work. It only takes me 20mins to walk there which is great. Nice to start the day without the hassle of driving your car to work.
The office is at Australia Square, sitting at one end of a courtyard area, which has seating and a food court (more later). I work on the 9th floor with the rest of the RGA Australia guys, RGA South East Asia sit on the 8th floor. The office is modern and bright and I have a nice big desk (but no window...booo). As usual the first day was made up of introductions, meetings, HR stuff and getting to know the people and my way around. Everyone is lovely and friendly and judging by the cheeky emails flying around a good laugh.
We have a kitchen which contains a fridge, coffee machine, toastie maker, dishwasher, vending machine and a seating area to have your lunch. Twice a week we get a huge basket of fruit delivered which is great.
After lunch (when I nipped up to the NAB to open my bank account and grabbed some sushi) I had to go over to the main building on the other side of the quad to get my picture done for my pass. I was a bit early so took a turn around the food court - well, I won't go hungry or get bored. There was Japanese, Vietnamese, Salad Bar, Italian, Sandwich bar, Mexican, Juice Bar, Hot meat rolls (roast beef and the like), a pub, Indian, Fish and Seafood, Coffee, plus a hairdresser, post office and newsagent.
Other lovely little perks are dress down Fridays, fairly flexible working hours (within reason) and the option of an at desk massage twice a week! How good is that. And that's on top of all your usual benefits. I think I am going to like it there....

No comments:

Sydney

Views of Mumbai