Thursday 8 February 2007

The story so far - Part One



For those of you who don't know - and if that's you your probably on the wrong blog - I am currently working in Mumbai, India, working here for a year (Oct 2006 - 2007).


For the first 6 weeks I lived at the Oberoi Hotel, which was gorgeous this was the view from my window. You can see Colaba in the distance, where the fishing village is. Now I am in the Hilton, right next door, its not as nice but perfectly ok. The office is just around the corner from the hotel, which makes my commute about three minutes in the morning, and two of them are dodging taxis on the main road!
This is my office building, not all that glam from the outside but its pretty modern inside. I work with Ally (Customer service), Gail (Process and Quality), Gordon (Sales), Ken (Marketing), Adriaan (Legislative and legal), Derek (Project Manager), Abhay (Actuarial), Sanjeeb (Actuarial), Alan (IT), Leigh (Finance), John K (IT) and John M (Project Director). They are a good bunch.
I work six weeks on and then have ten days back in the UK. The weeks out here just fly past but so does the time at home. Its hard work but I am enjoying it. Lots of challenges, which always keeps me happy.....
G xxx

No comments:

Sydney

Views of Mumbai