Friday 3 August 2007

Well, I have been back in Scotland for nearly a week now. And it is great to be back. My last flight went well. Apart from some amazing turbulence which had me ready to barf (and I am a good flyer) and the disappearance of my luggage for 24 hours all went well. It was nice coming back and all my family being here. Mum and Dad were up for Owen's birthday so I spent lots of time with them. Even had the pleasure of looking out the window the first day back and seeing a wedding. A bit different from India...

I unpacked all my cases and then began repacking the whole house. I move a week today and so far it is going ok. Only minor hiccup is that with me having my picture part of my drivers licence stolen and Keith only having an old style licence we are struggling to hire a van - sure we will sort it out though. The living room is currently piled high with boxes, bags, suitcases and anything else I can find to stuff things in. I think moving the shoe collection will be a job in itself.

Off to a wedding tomorrow and then the festival kicks off on Sunday so lots to see and do. No excuses not to be busy. Going to see the Andy Warhol exhibition today at the Mound, they have covered the pillars with Soup Cans and it looks pretty cool. The picture shows how it was started but the cans cover the whole thing now. I like Edinburgh in the festival. Even this week it is bustling with people and has a really nice atmosphere. Its nice to walk around wide, litter free streets, which smell of fresh air and are warm but not so hot as to make you sweat like a sauna when your walking. In fact the weather has been really nice since I got back. Sunny, warm and just a light breeze - watch it rain next Friday when I am moving!
I guess I will need to rename my blog now, any suggestions? Edinburgh for Dummies? Will think on it whilst I continue my packing.

No comments:

Sydney

Views of Mumbai